Getting started with the OpenLinkz search widget - read these posts and get up and running

Setting up OpenLinkz OpenLinkz Simplified Changing Appearance of Links OpenLinkz Cheat Sheet

Stock Market Monitor using WidgetBox Widgets

I have put together a collection of stock market related widgets at WidgetBox. This post suggests a use for the whole bunch.

First, I'd like to list the widgets:

  1. LiveStockCharts
  2. LiveStockQuotes
  3. Articles from SeekingAlpha.com
  4. Stock Market Update RSS feed from Briefing.com
What I have done for myself is create a stock market monitoring center by assembling these widgets on several panels and embedding the panels onto an HTML page.

I pre-program the LiveStockQuotes to display major stock market averages and my favorite stocks of interest. I have four sets of LiveStockCharts on the page that I can use to monitor the price action of multiple stocks at the same time.

Every once in a while I hit the Refresh button on the Market Update RSS feed from Briefing.com to get an idea of what's driving the market at the moment. With the Refresh button, the widget displays the newest updates but I don't have to re-load the whole HTML page.

I keep the SeekingAlpha widget on the page so that I have ready access to the latest articles and opinions on stocks I might be interested in.

Currently, I have this Market Monitor configured as a simple HTML page on my desktop that I keep up all day so I can check the market whenever I get a spare minute. Here is a link to an example: view Live StockCenter. Enter your own ticker symbols and try out all the charts and analysis tools that are included.

Posted by TradeRadarOperator at 6/04/2007 01:32:00 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Digg!



 
Support our sponsors!
Close this ad panelX