Use this cheat sheet to make sure you are following the basic rules for setting up the OpenLinkz widget and getting it to work on your pages. Once you have the initialization stuff done (see the prior post on Enabling OpenLinkz for more details), there are just a few things to keep in mind: use the right tags, set up the onmouseover event properly and spell the class name correctly.
Load the Code
- Use either an ANCHOR tag or a SPAN tag
- Set up the "onmouseover" event:
- onmouseover="openLinkz(this, 'first search term', 'second search term');"
- Be careful with the quotes.
Or leave it out altogether and let OpenLinkz supply a default (see the OpenLinkz Simplified post).
- Supply the tag with the appropriate CLASS name (class="xxxxLink") as shown in the table below.
- Remember, class names are case sensitive.
|OpenLinkz Theme||tag Class|
|news and current events||newsLink|
Here are the input parameters to the initializeOpenLinkz() function that you can use to modify the appearance of links (see the Changing the Appearance of Links post).
- Parameter #1: Bottom Border, possible values: '', 'dashed', 'solid', 'none'
- Parameter #2: Border Color, possible values: '', color names such as 'red', 'blue', etc. and numeric colors such as '#e6e6e6 or '#000000'
- Parameter #3, Background Color, possible values: same as Parameter #2